Sunday, July 31, 2005

Origins / Explanation of the Following



    I'll start off by saying I'm not sure what the following cars are, how they originated or what they are made in reference to. Pictured above is a Nissan Silvia racecar from the '80s. It looks similar to some of the following cars (but more cohesive and less fugly) and may explain some of the work that went into them. However it seems to be a mix of this, as well as a tribute to Koenig wide body kits (not a good thing) and possibly speed racers. Or they could be a mockery of people who make cars for the above reason, or of those in the Japanese car modification scene (aka "ricers").

    Therefore I'm not sure whether they belong on this site. Here at AutoFug, I wish to only display cars that aren't made to be fugly. What I mean is that whoever made the car thought it was attractive and fit for public viewing. Yet to my eyes is severly unattractive. People do make cars to be fugly though. Cars like American "art cars" (you know - the cars with crap like dolls and cameras glued all over them), deliberately made ugly so that they become conversation pieces.

    I do not wish to encourage this behavior (the defiling of the automobile) so I don't want to put deliberatly ugly cars on this site. If that is what these strange creations are, I may have to remove them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Popular Posts