Sunday, September 11, 2005

2005 Peugeot Moovie Concept


    Most people interested in automotive design are familiar with the fact that Peugeot has annual competitions for designing a show car, which they'll actually create and show the coming year. I thought this was very cool when I heard of it, and although I haven't submitted anything I know of people who have.

    Sadly, I have no idea who picks the winner - but whoever they are, they have to lay off the drugs. In the 3 (I think?) years they've had this competition, I have to say I was not impressed with their choice of winner. The first year they choose a weird chrome plane/moon buggy called the Moonster (to be featured later), and this year their choice is this monstosity.

    I'm not even sure how it works. They have no pictures of it in motion. It basically looks like a hampster ball, for humans. I also don't get the name - Moovie. I can see putting emphasis on the word "move", but why "movie"? And why ad the extra "o"? It baffles the mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts