Monday, June 21, 2010

Cadillac CTS Hatch. I mean Coupe.





    I fear that by posting this car I'll get a lot of disagreeing comments, but I for one can't bring myself to like the CTS Coupe. The car seems to be heralded by the media as the style leader of 2010. But in my mind a sleek, svelte coupe should not look like an overly tall hatchback.

    Don't get me wrong - I like the regular CTS and Caddy's overall direction for the brand, but this car is too tall and stubby for my liking. The only view I don't mind is the side view, and even then kind looks like the ass end is cut off. 3/4 views front and rear look like a hatch, and the straight on rear view looks horrendous - it looks taller than it is wide.

    Looking closer at the pictures, I'm beginning to think the problem lies within the signature Cadillac taillights. The narrow and heighten the look of the rear end, and the fact that the top edges meet the back window enforce the hatchback look. I think it'd look nicer with horizontal tails - but then it wouldn't look like a Cadillac. I suppose it might look like a 80-85 Seville, but who wants that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Popular Posts