Monday, June 21, 2010

Dongfeng Accordian Tiburon




    I thought I posted this before, but couldn't find it... I'm not sure if this concept car is a licensed copy of the Tiburon - I'm presuming it is due to the almost exact greenhouse, driving lamps and turn signals up front, and similar shaped tail lights out back.

    One would think it would be difficult to make the bug-eyed, Celica-esque 1999-2001 Tiburon any uglier, but Dongfeng has succeeded - and then some.

    And what the hell is with the back end? I've read bit and pieces online yet no one knows it's function (although it doesn't help I can't read Chinese). Is it an unfortunate case of active aerodynamics? Is it meant to increase cargo capacity? Does it make music when you press down on the hatch? It is a giant automotive bellow, in case your camp fire is about to go out? Questions for the ages...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Popular Posts